Saturday, February 11, 2006

Congratulate me on my doctorate

You know, when dealing with an insidious disease like Alzheimer's, you can either wallow in it or you can try to see some humor in it.

I guess the same could be said for life in general.

Anyway, I tend to do the latter. And, I'm pleased to report that my father, who suffers from the disease, has conferred a doctorate on his favorite son.

I'm not sure exactly what the degree is in. He didn't specify in today's award of the lofty title. But, I'll see if I can follow-up. The inference has been that it's in medicine, which blows my mind.

In the meantime, his nursing staff is quite impressed, and treat me with way more deference than I am due.

Maybe, I'll start wearing a white lab coat when I go visit him . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home