Sunday, February 18, 2007

Daytona

Yes, folks, NASCAR is back.

So, you can put away the Ricky Bobby DVD's for at least a few more months, and watch the real thing live every Sunday.

In keeping with tradition, the season got a big kick-off just a few miles up I-4 in Daytona. The associated traffic, coupled with the continued arctic blast, kept me indoors for another day.

I have to admit, I am only a passive observer of motor sports. Very passive.

I do have a number 8 sticker on the back of my car. But, that's more to annoy the Jenkses than anything else.

I generally don't turn on the races until the last 10 or 20 laps, because that's usually when the big action occurs.

That was another tradition the drivers kept today.

What an outstanding finish, huh?

Firey crashes, mayhem, and an almost photo finish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home