Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wiley Alexander Morgan

That's the name of the earliest known ancestor of one of the participants in our Morgan DNA project.

All we know about him is that he was born in North Carolina about the year 1819, and that his father may have been named James.

My interest in him is somewhat selfish. I hope, since my DNA markers match his descendants' exactly, that I will be able to find a common ancestor somewhere and trace my own roots further back.

So, I spent several hours. I won't bore socks like Darrell with all the gory details. But, I got my hopes up pretty high, only to have them dashed this afternoon.

And, all of this because some jerk had "knitted" old Wiley into a pedigree instead of doing any real research.

Ok, do I sound like a total genealogy geek right now, or what?!

Let's try to salvage what remains of this fine Saturday . . .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home