Thursday, July 03, 2008

Rev. Billy Gene Brown (1931-2008)

I am very sorry to report the death of my great-uncle Billy Gene "BG" Brown.

He ended a 6-year battle with Parkinson's Disease at 4:15 yesterday morning, requesting his body be donated to medical research to help find a cure for this terrible illness.

BG celebrated his 76th birthday this past December 7th. Though born in Miami, he spent his formative years in Plymouth and attended Apopka High School.

After serving with the US Navy (and riding out a terrific hurricane in Charleston Harbor!) he returned to this little corner of heaven to marry my great-aunt Diane Morgan on August 28, 1953--almost 55 years ago. Together they operated His Way Ministries for many years. They have three children (David, Debbie, and Danny) as well as several grandchildren and great-granchildren.

Memorial services are scheduled at two of the churches BG served as pastor:

* 7/6/08 (Sunday) - 1pm - Corinth Baptist Church, Clinton, Missouri.

* 7/19/08 (Saturday) - 2pm - Rosemont Baptist Church, Orlando, Florida.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister Diane:

The Lord be with you and forever wrap you in His loving arms. You will receive the comfort you need as you lean totally on Jesus.

I can not see clearly. I no longer travel, so there will be no journey to Orlando for me this day.

The money that was stolen from me upon Doris's death will not be returned. So I live in uncertainty, knowing that one day all of this misery will be over. Meanwhile I continue to serve my Lord as He gives me the strength to minister.

There will be a grand reunion in Heaven with all of the saints who have gone before us, and together we will worship at the feet of Jesus.

I'll see you there. Ardie Arnold

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home