Sunday, October 05, 2008

Cinnamon makes my eyes burn . . .

Well, ye socks, today was Jeremy Mixer's last full day as a civilian. Tomorrow he gets on a bus for Tampa, and will fly from there to his Air Force basic training in San Antonio.

Valda and Howard of Jenks Manor thought the occasion warranted a barbecue and, of course, no one objected to that.

I hate to show up empty-handed to events like this, so thought I'd pick up one of those cinnamon brooms they started selling in our local Winn Dixies this week.

If the heat and humidity keep it from feeling like autumn in this little corner of heaven, at least we can make it smell like the right season!

Anyway, while I was there, I picked up two brooms for myself, to be strategically positioned at the front and back doors back at home.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to leave the window down during the 4 hours I spent at the BBQ. So, when I got back in ye olde Blazer to head home, the thick cinnamon air was unbearable--literally brought tears to my eyes!

Silver lining: My ride smells as autumnal as my abode.

Things could be worse . . . I could be going to boot camp!

Good luck, Jeremy!




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home