Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I'm going back to Netflix

That's right, ye socks, I'm giving up my blockbuster.com account.

I have enjoyed their service for years, but lately they've been cutting the little things that gave them an edge over the competition.

The plan I *had* until this afternoon, would allow you to return the DVD's you got in the mail to the nearest store for exchange.

This was tremendously convenient, especially since my Blockbuster is within walking distance of my home.

Until just recently, upon aforementioned exchange of DVD's, blockbuster.com would automatically send out the next title(s) in my queue.

Not anymore!

They won't send anything out until you return the movies you check out of the store. This creates a lag time, an unnecessary lag time in my opinion. And, it makes them no better than Netflix.

So, doing the math, it makes sense to save the $3 extra I was paying for the convenience that isn't there anymore, and take my business to the competition.

Ain't the free market economy grand?!

Well, the portions of it that the hope-and-change drivelers haven't gotten a hold of (yet) are still pretty grand, anyway . . .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home