Sunday, November 20, 2005

DNA

The latest sock in the dryer is actually a repeat performance.

I had gone off on a tangent in my genealogical pursuits several months ago when I received the results of a DNA test. It identified 37 unique markers that are carried only by male members of my Morgan line. If you want to see my 37 markers and compare them to yours, check out sample VTKK1 at Ybase.org.

The exciting thing was that those markers put me in contact with a couple other Morgan researchers (Brett in Baltimore and Colby in Memphis) who had an exact DNA match. Unfortunately, we have not been able to pinpoint exactly where our lines converge.

Well, today, we added another Morgan to the group (Bill in DeLeon Springs, Florida).

These markers are too unusual. There has to be a connection somewhere. The challenge is just to find where!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home