Friday, June 30, 2006

Chuck Miller, RIP

Sad to report the passing of Chuck Miller of Calabash, North Carolina.

He was my buddy's brother-in-law, and an all-around good guy himself. He and his wife Monica always tried to come down to Apopka for our big 4th of July fesitivities, and again around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I'll never forget the year our two alma maters tangled in the Tangerine Bowl. (That would be Texas Tech and Clemson.) He was too sick to go in person, even back then. But, that didn't stop me from giving him some good-natured ribbing when the Red Raiders stomped his beloved Tigers. He wouldn't have it any other way!

I'll also always remember how he and Monica made us feel so welcome in their home when we were passing thru on our way back to Florida. I wish I could be up there next week when his family holds the services.

But, I'll be there in spirit.

Rest in peace, my friend . . . and GO TECH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home