Saturday, June 24, 2006

Long way to go for some seafood

I ran up to Barefoot Trace today. The Jenks clan is staying up there this weekend, and they asked me to bring some stuff they had left behind in Apopka.

A good excuse to go to the beach. Like I need one.

Anyway, I found them all lounging around the pool. Awful to say, but it was the first time I had gone down there. Call me crazy, but when I go to the beach, I don't care about pools. If I want to go swimming, I'll go into the ocean. But, that's just me.

Anyway, after they got cleaned-up, we decided to go grab some seafood at one of the many, many touristy beach shack type restaurants along A1A.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Sunset Grille, next to Barnacle Bill's. It wasn't fancy fare by any stretch of the imagination, but we weren't going for that. We just wanted a family-friendly, casual type place. And, we got what we wanted.

I had the scallop platter, and it was great! But, then I had to drive all the way back to Apopka. An awfully long way to go for some seafood, no?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home