Saturday, March 03, 2007

Can't sleep, thought I'd blog

This afternoon, we received the very upsetting news from Dad's hospice that "death is imminent."

Needless to say, I dropped everything and went over to Mom's house. We threw everything in the car and jumped on I-95 South. Made it down to Pembroke Pines in a record 3 hours. (Record for us, others were going WAY faster than us.)

Anyway, he looks horrible and is mostly unresponsive. I hate to say it, but if you followed the Terry Schiavo case, he looks a lot like she did. His eyes will follow motion and he responded with a big grin when my mom sang him some lullabies. But, that's about it.

We were told he probably wouldn't make it thru the night, so we pulled out a sleeper sofa in his room and prepared to camp-out right there next to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home