Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Even if you can't make it up to Virginia to commemorate the big 400th anniversary this year, you can still play a role in both marking the occasion and preserving our colonial heritage for future generations by contributing to The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.

I did. And, they sent me a cool plush animal from their historic breeds collection as a "thank you." Last year, they sent me a sheep, which I promptly gave to my niece. And, this year, they've sent me a cow of some sort. Hope my nephew enjoys this one.

But, even if you're not the donating kind, I would encourage you to visit their web site. It's full of really neat information/activities for "kids" of all ages:

http://www.history.org

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Colonial Williamsburg send to you as well its journal?

6:22 PM  
Blogger wsmv said...

Yes, but not in this particular package. However, they did include a neat commemorative brass ornament featuring the three English ships that came to Jamestown in 1607. The journal was mailed separately several weeks ago.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you think of it?

6:03 PM  
Blogger wsmv said...

Well, I'm a history nut. So, I'll read just about anything with that focus. But, the CW Journal is one of the better publications of its type that I've perused. You can judge for yourself by checking out the selected articles from the current issue posted online at:

http://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home