Thursday, May 24, 2007

Good news, bad news

If you're interested in researching military records while building your family tree.

First the good news: Ancestry.com is making its massive database of 90 million military records available to the public FOR FREE, from now thru D-Day (June 6th). Usually, they charge a pretty stiff subscription before they'll give you access. But, I guess they're feeling patriotic this time of year, as we all should.

Now the bad news: Word has gotten out. I tried to do a quick look-up to test the site's ease-of-use, and all I got was a generic apology. You know the "either/or" variety. Either they were doing technical work on their server, or there were just too many people trying to gain access at the same time.

Bummer, huh?

Oh, well, I guess I can try back at some off-hour and hope for better results.

Happy huntin'!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home