Friday, August 10, 2007

What a roller coaster ride, huh?!

"Volatility" continues to be the keyword in today's economy.

I made the mistake of checking my portfolio balance three times today, in the morning, at lunch, and again this afternoon. And, each time, I got a wildly different balance.

I guess things were headed for a pretty big plunge until mid-day when the Fed announced it would be "injecting liquidity."

Hmmmm.

From the low-man-on-the-totem-pole perspective, I can tell you there's a lot of uncertainty beyond 401(k) balances. Fuel prices have dropped to an "affordable" $2.65 per gallon around here. But, is it just me? Is the cost of produce at the supermarket high lately?

And, I've never seen so many "For Sale" signs popping up. I guess a lot of people are stressing in the real estate market.

ARGGGGHH!

Let's hope the weekend brings some calm and reassurance.

And, we'll start all over again on Monday, ok?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home