Friday, October 26, 2007

I refuse to allow this to ruin my weekend

On my final work-related errand of the day, I discovered I had a flat tire. The right rear one to be precise.

Not an altogether traumatic situation in and of itself. But, it gets better.

I discovered the flat as I was barreling down Curry Ford Road, and it was only through the kindness of a fellow driver that I was alerted to the fact.

So, I pulled over at the first service station, which shall remain nameless, and went to get some air to solve the problem.

Now, this will reveal my age. The last time I had to put air in my tire, it cost me 50-cents. Well, dear socks, the price has now jumped to 75-cents - - - at least at this as-yet-unnamed "service" station.

Now, this will reveal how po' I am. I had only two quarters to rub together. So, there I was scrounging between seat cushions, the glove box, the floor board, etc. Eventually, I came up with the other 25-cents.

But, when I went to feed the machine my hard-won coinage, I discovered it only took quarters. So, I had to traipse into the "convenience store," stand in an inordinately long line, and ask the unjustifiably annoyed little girl behind the counter to exchange a quarter for my recently-scrounged pennies, nickles, and dimes.

Anyway, this post has gotten way longer than I intended, certainly way more coverage than the incident warrants.

Just thought I'd share in case any of you in the dryer are experiencing similar annoyances, and so I could encourage you not to let it ruin your weekend!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home