Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Miracles of Peppermint

I find myself in a battle with my own sinuses this weekend. Must be the approaching cold front, lowering the barometric pressure, etc.

Anyway, I had a piercing headache last night. Then everything slithered down my throat while I was sleeping. And, today I woke up with a nasty, persistent cough.

I had a few cough drops on hand, but they didn't last very long.

Then, almost like an early Christmas gift, I noticed the vast quantity of candy canes adorning my tree in the corner of the living room. I remembered I had about a dozen left over, and decided to try one of them before schlepping up to the Walgreens for more traditional over-the-counter remedies.

Lo and behold, it worked!

I can get about an hour and a half of cough-free time out of each candy cane!!

There must be some medicinal properties to peppermint. It's been my pre-Christmas miracle today, that's for sure!

Oh, and happy birthday wishes go out today to Tater, Thad, and Mason. I'd call you, but don't know how long the voice would last . . .

Pass the candy canes!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home