Thursday, February 28, 2008

In like a lion

Wow, the blustery entrance so often attributed to March came a couple of days early to Central Florida.

We had a fierce line of storms blow thru here last night.

The sky went from gray to black in the snap of your fingers. Then, it lit up with cloud-to-cloud lightning.

But, the howling wind was the most unnerving aspect of the storm.

It sounded so fierce in the narrow alleyway between my house and my neighbor's, that I actually dived in to my "safe room" under the stairwell for about 10 minutes.

Fortunately, Danny Treanor gave us the "all's clear" before too long.

But, now I have all kinds of debris (tree limbs, etc.) all over my yard, and my front door mat has gone missing. And, the temps have dropped down to the 30s!

Let's hope March goes out like a lamb, cuz this lion stuff is only fit for a zoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home