Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stormy weather

This picture really has nothing to do with my post today, other than it makes me wonder if our local weather prognosticators drink their own bath water, too . . .

They had all of MetroOrlando in an uproar yesterday, warning everybody to get home by 6pm to batten down the hatches.

Apparently, we were in the cross hairs of two colliding air masses, the type that spawn the apocalypse.

Fire up your weather radios!

Designate a safe room!

Notify your next of kin!

And, of course, stay tuned to (FILL IN THE BLANK WITH YOUR FAVORITE LOCAL NEWS TEAM)!

All for naught.

I guess there was a twister over by the space center. But, that's 45 miles away on the coast.

All we got around these parts was a little rain. And, it was actually much-needed, says my brown lawn.

Oh, well, better safe than sorry, as the cliche goes.

But, someone should tell these people the story about the boy who cried wolf.

Thankfully, I had the season premieres of Big Brother and Jericho to entertain me on an otherwise dull evening . . .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home