Monday, February 04, 2008

Zap2it channel guide

For ye out-of-town socks, today's post is going to be something of a disappointment, I'm afraid.

Sorry.

Just gotta "keep it real" for the Central Floridians in da house.

Anyway, the couch potatoes among you probably came home from work on Friday to notice the local Bright House Networks channels had all been switched-up.

Most annoying change was the move of the Zap2it guide, formerly on channel 49 and now on channel 9 in case you're still surfing around trying to figure out where it ended up on your "dial."

The change in itself is not nearly as annoying as the chick they've hired to voice-over the local weather forecasts.

Everytime I hear her overly-breathy voice, I want to throw my shoe at the tv screen. And, I paid good money for that flat panel!

The breathiness wouldn't be so bad if the earsore would learn how to pronounce words properly . . . or, at least not to OVER pronounce words.

Particularly jarring is the way she says "south." Her nails-on-the-chalk-board rendition comes out sounding like SOW-ooooth.

I'm not kidding.

And, you know how often the word south/SOW-ooooth comes up in a weather forecast!!

Late new year's resolution: Hit the "mute" button whenever I get the urge to visit channel 9 . . . or 49 . . . or wherever it is Bright House decides to park my channel guide from month to month.

Cranky out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my God! I have been driven absolutely wild by this woman as well. I have to turn my TV on mute just to get thru TV listings on channel 9 & it drives me crazy. In fact I just sent an email to the GM of channel 13 about this chick but I guess it should have been directed to Brighthouse. I seriously want to get violent when I hear her unbelievably annoying voice & pronounciation of words. So glad to see that I am not the only one having fits over this.

11:31 PM  
Blogger wsmv said...

You are not alone! I didn't know who to address my complaint to, so let my blog post do my talking for me . . . Do you have any email addresses?! This woman must be stopped!!

Incidentally, one anonymous response posted an interesting theory, that this is not the voice of a human being. They think it's a computer-generated narrator . . . hmmmm

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home