Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter reading progress report

OK, since the weather down here in the so-called "sunshine state" is so dreadful, yours truly has been doing an inordinate amount of reading lately.

I sped thru my cousin's recent book mentioned in an earlier post ("Lucia: A Venetian Life in the Age of Napoleon"). It was pretty good. Sometimes "way too much info" and other times a tad too sentimental. But, overall a pretty good book.

Now, as I have a pot of chicken stew started in the trusty crock pot, I am turning my attention to the next literary challenge: James Herriot's "All Creatures Great and Small." It's the first in a fairly long series about a veterinarian in the Yorkshire dales (the stomping grounds of my mom's ancestors). If I like it, I'll consider the rest of the volumes in the series.

But, I know the chicken stew is going to be the highlight of this chilly evening.

BRRRRRRR!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home