Friday, June 20, 2008

The Reason for Bottled Water

Disclaimer: I am NOT a dog person. At all.

In fact, I am beginning to become not a "dog person" person.

Here's why:

So, I'm driving home, along my usual route to the Lake Hammer Chalet, when I came to a red light near a public park that shall remain unnamed here.

It was there I noticed a youngish lady walking two dogs. Lest you think I was merely ogling the girl, let me also say that the two dogs in question were such a stark contrast that they would have attracted anyone's attention. One was a Great Dane, and the other was a Boston Terrier.

Anyway, the point of all this is the woman walked her two canine companions to a water fountain in said park. I thought she was getting a drink for herself. Instead, she flipped on the water and allowed the Great Dane to quench his thirst.

It was absolutely disgusting, his big slobbery mouth all over the font where we humans are expected to derive our own libations.

But, what happened next was equally as bad.

As the bigger dog was getting his germs all over the hardware, the little terrier was hiking his leg and releasing a golden stream all over the side of the fountain!

The now-unattractive walker seemed oblvious to it all as she chatted on her cell phone.

I, on the other hand, have made a commitment to never use a public water fountain again . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home