Sunday, July 06, 2008

The ties that bind?

Ok, ye socks, I'm feeling a little frustrated. So, let me vent a little.

I feel like I can't really get anything major done on my first full day in the new house, because the renovations aren't 100% complete.

I can't even mow the yard, because they haven't hauled-away all the stuff from the kitchen/bath demo.

And, I'm not going to waste my time unpacking stuff for the rooms that haven't been painted. But, I can't start painting, because the rooms that need a fresh coat are still playing host to tools and supplies.

I should probably take it as a sign from above and mark this Sunday down as a "day of rest." That's hard to do, though, because my mental "to-do" list keeps growing and growing. And, I don't even have the luxury of television to numb my skull since it isn't scheduled to be hooked-up til tomorrow.

I guess I could do like they did in the old days and read a book or something . . .

No, wait, how 'bout watching a DVD? I don't need cable for that . . . now, if I could only put my hands on my copy of The Patriot, that might be an appropriate finale for this holiday weekend!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home