Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ephemera

Well, ye socks, though I do have the majority of my personal belongings transferred from the Lake Hammer Chalet to the Elizabeth Avenue house, a distressingly large percentage remains unpacked.

So, after getting home from another grueling day at work today, I decided to tackle a box or two.

Incidentally, could it be any more hot and humid out there?!?

Anyway, the same thing always happens to me when I start emptying boxes, so I don't know why I was surprised when it happened again in this case.

I found a collection of old letters, written between 1892 and 1910 by members of the Cooper and Munson families of Indiana and Illinois.

I picked them up at an auction a couple of years ago with the intention of trying to find out more about the letter writers and maybe reunite the letters with some long lost descendants or something.

Instead, they've remained in the same big manilla envelope in which they arrived at my front door.

So, now I have another little tangent to pursue, as if I didn't have enough to do around here. I'll let ye know if I discover anything of interest . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home