Monday, September 22, 2008

DO NOT USE FOR ICEMAKER

Those are the words the manufacturer very clearly printed on this roll of vinyl tubing.

Repeatedly. Like every 12 inches.

Yet, somehow, that is exactly what the plumbing subcontractor decided to ignore during my recent kitchen remodeling adventure.

The result was a minor explosion last night that caused a near flood before I located the water main.

The good news is Rainaldi Plumbing had someone over to the house to replace the line within an hour. Kudos to Nate Nguyen not only for his quick arrival on the disaster scene, but also for his bravery in entering the dark, dank crawl space beneath the kitchen.

The even better news is this problem erupted while yours truly was at home and able to respond before it got totally out of hand. I shudder to think how much damage could have occurred if it had happened while I was away at work . . .

The bad news is I missed almost all of the CBS season premieres I wanted to catch on tv tonight.

The even worse news is I have to call my contractor up tomorrow morning to make arrangements to pay for the replumbing . . .

Stay tuned.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home