Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tina Fey could have a new career!


I had no Gator game to watch this weekend. So, restless as that left me on this fine Saturday, I was able to stay up late enough to catch the season premiere of SNL.
I must confess that the show has lost its shine for me in recent years.
Of course, that probably has something to do with being out of college and a near elimination of beer consumption.
Most of the show still comes off as sophomoric to me. But, tonight's opening skit really had me laughing.
It featured Tina Fey as VP nominee Sarah Palin, and Amy Poehler as the woman who should have been the Democratic presidential nominee.
Now, Poehler is leaving at the end of the season. Apparently, there won't be much need for her impersonation of the junior senator from New York in the near term.
However, if things go well for the Republican ticket this Fall, I believe Fey will have at least four good years of impersonating Palin.
I'd been saying for weeks that there was a physical resemblance between these two very attractive women.
But, Fey deserves a lot of credit for picking up a pretty good Palin-esque accent along with some of the Alaska governor's podium mannerisms. I can only imagine how good both the comedienne and her muse will get with practice.
That alone should be enough to get you undecided voters off the fence and behind the GOP bandwagon!







Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home