Monday, September 08, 2008

A pair of old family portraits

My cousin Patricia was kind enough to scan and forward these two old family portraits over the weekend, and I post them here for the enjoyment of ye socks who are not yet completely bored with my genealogical pursuits.



The first (rather faded) portrait is of my great-great grandfather (and namesake) William S. Morgan, and his wife Lola Blakesley Morgan. It was probably taken shortly after they were married in Kansas City, in 1889.




The second portrait is of Lola's parents Mary and Edson Blakesley. We still can't quite figure when the Unicorn-do was popular. The date on the photo says 1892. But, I must say that Grandpa Blakesley's mustache is ALMOST as hip as the one gracing the upper lip of yours truly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home