Sunday, September 07, 2008

Talk about humidity

It's SO humid in this little corner of heaven.

HOW humid is it?

It's SO humid that it's raining in my dining room!

Seriously.

I was really freaked out this evening to discover the chandelier was sprinkling rain drops all over the freshly-mopped floor.

At first, I couldn't figure out why it was happening. I mean, there is no plumbing up there in the ceiling, so where is the water coming from?!

Then, it dawned on me that the AC unit is up in the attic. And, upon inspection, I found the drip pan overfloweth.

Whoever the genius was who installed said pan, pinned it beneath the four legs supporting the AC unit. So, neither yours truly nor anyone else may remove/dump any water it collects!

Brilliant, huh?

Anyway, I drained as much of the H2O as I could with a cup, and put an old kitty litter box in the pan to collect any future condensation. That seemed to do the trick.

Never a dull moment around here . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home