Sunday, October 12, 2008

The incredible exploding candle

Well, ye socks, it's the weekend. And, that means weekend cleaning in this little corner of heaven.

On the advice of some friends, I decided to use a couple of new products.

The first was Counterop Magic for the avonite recently added in the kitchen and bathroom.

The second was Orange Glo for the hardwood floors.

Both did a great job, adding an awesome sheen to the surfaces in question.

My problem was the conflicting aromas of the two products. So, I lit a candle to "clear the air."

About 30 minutes later, as I was settling into my La-Z-Boy for the tail end of an NFL game and my weekly dose of Cold Case, a tremendous explosion rocked the house.

Okay, maybe that is a slight exaggeration.

I instantly knew the startling BOOM emanating from the kitchen had to be attributable to the candle, so I shot out of the easy chair like a cannon ball.

Good thing, too. The explosion had splattered hot wax and shards of glass all over the formerly pristine room.

And, what was worse, some of the wax was ON FIRE!

Full panic mode ensued. I grabbed a dishrag and swept all the remains on the countertop into the sink basin and flipped on the water. Then, I took the dampened cloth and began running around like a mad man to snuff-out the flames.

Suffice it to say, since I'm typing this, that all ended well. But, it was way too much excitement to end an otherwise enjoyable weekend . . . And, now I have all that wax to scrape!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger M--- said...

Sounds like the kind of thing that happens to me when I attempt to clean...I end up making a bigger mess of things. Solution? Stop cleaning! XD

1:08 PM  
Blogger wsmv said...

I like the way you think!! Better yet, I think I'll just have to go out and win the lottery tomorrow so I can hire a maid . . .

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Good topic, but will this really work?

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home