Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The secret's out

Now that the Rays have gone down in defeat, I can fess-up to ye socks.

I have been secretly rooting for the Phillies all along.

That may come as something of a shock to you given my deep roots here in the Sunshine State.

But, I have my reasons.

The foremost being the way certain members of the Rays roster were fawning all over the junior senator from Illinois after they won their pennant.

I just couldn't stomach that. The image of it kept popping up in my mind every time I tried to get behind the "home team."

I'm sure there are more than a few Phillies of the same political bent. But, I didn't see so public a display on their part. And, now that they have won the series, I finally feel free to make this little confession!

Now, back to football . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home