Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ahhhh . . . the smell of Spring!

I don't know about the rest of ye socks, but nothing smells better to yours truly than a freshly-mowed lawn.

In a move that may have annoyed a couple of my late-rising neighbors in this little corner of heaven, yardwork at my abode commenced prompty at 8am today.

I wasn't entirely without a conscience. I didn't actually crank-up the mower for a good half hour, as I had to pick up the dozen or so rotten grapefruit that have been moldering since I last had the gumption to attack the back yard.

Then I had to double-check the testy back wheel that has been falling off at inopportune moments since the day I bought this mower. And, finally, the annual checklist I've been following ever since my Uncle Richard gave it to me in 1995. Spark plug? Check. Oil? Check. Blade? Check. Air filter? Check. etc etc

Anyway, now that it's done and I'm sitting here sipping some lemonade and admiring my handwork, I finally feel like Spring has officially sprung.

And, boy am I glad I got this chore done early. I'm beginning to roast out here. Time to retreat to the comfort of climate control . . .

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home