Saturday, May 09, 2009

RIP Glenn Hennig

My thoughts today are with the Hennig family, who lost their patriarch Glenn back on 4/28 and will be memorializing him this morning.

If I hadn't already made plans to be out of town this weekend, I'd be there myself--not just because he was a Gators fan and a distant relative, but because the Hennigs are just good people and had to endure the all-too-familiar battle with Alzheimer's Disease.

The Sentinel published a fairly good obit, which I'll attach to this posting.

Of course, they fail to make the aforementioned genealogical connection to yours truly. So, I'll fill ye socks in here.

Mr. Hennig's mother was Effie Johns Hennig; daughter of John C. Johns; and granddaughter of Rebecca Patrick Johns. Rebecca was a youngers sister of my ancestor William Wright "Dink" Patrick, Orange County's sheriff during the Reconstruction Era.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home