Friday, August 14, 2009

Don't try this at Mass

OK, as if yours truly needed to find a way to make napping on the big brown sofa any easier, I've discovered a new channel on the recently-expanded cable package that does just that.

For ye socks who are blessed to reside in this little corner of heaven, it is channel #169 on Bright House. Ye out-o-towners will just have to find EWTN.

That stands for Eternal Word Television Network.

Now, at the risk of sounding completely sacrilegious, I have discovered there is nothing that puts me to sleep quite so fast as Mother Angelica's recitation of the Rosary. It is merely (divine?) conincidence that it is broadcast every day at just about the precise time the couch beckons me for a nap.

The rhythmic repetition of the Hail Marys, etc., goes on for a whole half hour, just long enough for me to recharge my batteries.

And, I wake up really feeling like I've gotten away with something. Not just because, maybe, subliminally I have done something remotely soul cleansing. More because I know there is no way I could possibly get away with this without the wonders of cable tv.

Not that I've ever really tried to snooze in a real church or anything.

Anyway, think less of me if it suits you, but this channel is getting added to my favorites . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home