Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sundays are good for revival, right?!

Ok, it's been over a year since my last post. I made a new year's resolution to revive the Long neglected blog, but that didn't happen. I can list a bunch of reasons why, but ye socks would just roll your eyes. Anyway, getting ready to attend the next NGS convention and figured this would be a good point to get the Sock in the Dryer rolling again. My last posts concentrated on the efforts to build an online archive for the town of Pine Castle (just south of Orlando, Florida). That effort continued despite the lack of posts! You can check out what I've done by visiting the archives index page: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~oldpinecastle/index.html You'll see a bunch of new census info, including the recently-released 1940 federal enumeration. I'm working on military records now, particularly focusing on World War I as the centennial is just around the corner. I'm also trying to figure out how to create a podcast library for all the oral history interviews we have been collecting over the last year. Haven't figured that out yet, and would welcome any input, tutoring, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home