Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Laissez les bons temps rouiller!

Not sure if I spelled that correctly, but French never was my best subject in school.

Still, the sentiment is clear this Mardi Gras, and not just in New Orleans.

I am marking this last evening of pre-Lenten hedonism (yeah, right!) trying to figure out what to give up during the 40-day fast.

I saw in the news today that some Katrina refugees in Galveston, Texas, are marking the occasion by writing down all the things they're going to "leave in the past" and dropping the lists in a casket, presumably to be buried tomorrow.

It's a good idea. Especially for those amongst us who failed to really commit to a New Year's resolution.

Whatever I decide on, and I have a pretty good idea, I'm not going to make a big production of it. But, watch this space some 40 days hence, and perhaps I'll report back on my success (or failure).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this?

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home