Monday, May 29, 2006

Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!

I have to admit it. I'm a sucker for patriotic music. You know, parades and fireworks and such.

That's why I watch the National Memorial Day Concert up in DC every year. No, I don't drive up there. Are you kidding me?! I lived up there long enough to know it's better to tune in to the local PBS station and enjoy it in the AC. But, I digress.

This year, Colin Powell made a special appearance to mark the 60th anniversary of the U.S. Air Force, and was followed-up with a great rendition of the U.S. Air Force Anthem.

Now, being an Air Force Brat, I had this anthem drilled into me as a child. But, I'm afraid I was a little rusty. I could still get the first two lines, the "helluva roar," and the last line. Nothing to be proud of, to be sure. I mean, most non-brat civvies could do that. So, I was sorely disappointed with myself about having to stumble over the rest of the lines, and decided to look up all the lyrics for a refresher course. You can join me, if you're up to it:

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys,
Give 'er the gun!
Down we dive,
spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame.
Nothing can stop the U.S. Air Force!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home