Thursday, July 20, 2006

Munich

First of all, the title of today's post has absolutely no connection whatsoever to yesterday's. That's what we call "mere coincidence." It happens some times.

Anyway, it was ironic, I believe, that I should receive the film Munich on DVD this week.

I mean, Steven Spielberg certainly dishes up some eerie parallels between the Israeli response to the 1972 Olympics massacre and what's going on in the Middle East right now.

I think his intent was to wag his finger at America for its response to 9/11.

If so, he failed miserably.

Instead, he has unwittingly provided ample evidence to the creeps in Hezbollah and Hamas, that their struggle to eradicate the Israelis is futile. Such senseless violence, really.

As a child of the 80's, I am compelled to remind everyone over there of the Thompson Twins, who taught us that fighting in the name of religion is such a senseless contradiction.

If you don't believe me, check out the lyrics to the classic "Love is the Law." It's no "King for Just One Day." But, still, it holds up to the test of time.

Until next time, rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home