Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Nortons continue to confound me!

Wow, what a let down!

After the big "discovery" of yesterday, I hear from Joan today that the info she has at hand states her Patrick Norton's brother John died in San Francisco in 1917 at the age of 73.

That's doubly disappointing.

For one thing, I thought he was MY John Norton who died in Jersey City.

For another thing, her John would have been born in 1844--too late to be my John, anyway!

Sigh.

Still, the similarities in our family narratives are too similar for there not to be a connection somewhere down the line!

I mean, how many Nortons from the tiny village of Ballyforan could have sojourned in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, before settling in Jersey City?! That's just too convoluted a trail for it to be mere conincidence!

Back to the digging.

In the mean time, I'm hoping Joan will forward the manuscript in question so I can comb thru it for some new clues.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home