Friday, August 18, 2006

The Noble Cowboy

Ok, I'm confused.

When did being a cowboy gain a negative connotation?

I ask this, because I read in today's news that the British Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has called President Bush a cowboy . . . intending the label to be disparaging.

I may have mentioned this, but now that I have one book in print that I am already working on a sequel.

The new book is primarily set along The Chisholm Trail, and has a lot of cowboy characters. And, in doing my research on the American cowboy, I have found that he is by-and-large a noble figure in our folklore.

So, go ahead, Mr. Prescott. You're not insulting any American that you label a "cowboy." But, you and your countrymen really do need to stop calling us all "Yanks!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home