Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Charley Retrospective

Remember where you were two years ago today?

I do.

Like millions of other Central Floridiots, I was "hunkering-down," getting ready for the whammy served-up by Hurricane Charley.

This is a picture of what it looked like when the outer bands made their way to Apopka.

It wasn't long after this that I regained my senses and stayed indoors.

Fortunately, the brunt of the storm stayed to the south and east of my house.

All I lost was one tree branch.

But, my parents' house lost its roof and a huge oak tree.

Oh, yeah, and they were without electricity for NINE DAYS!

That's right. That means NO AIR CONDITIONING!!

I think that was worse than the storm itself.

Not good times. But, maybe, fodder for a new book?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home