Saturday, August 05, 2006

Weekend Western Writing


Abbreviation "WWW"?

But, I wasn't just doing research on the web. I've been doing a lot of reading, too.

Finally, this evening, I decided I needed something of a break, and immersed myself in some Western movies.

The best was "Broken Trail," starring Thomas Haden Church and Robert Duvall. It's all about an uncle/nephew team who drive a bunch of horses from Oregon to Wyoming and wind up saving a wagonload of Chinese girls from a lovely lady known as "Big Rump," and a desperate prostitute from a loathesome jug-eared killer.

Pretty good flick, although I do have to admit it's hard for me to take Church seriously. Every time I see him, I am reminded of the goofy mechanic he used to play on the sitcom Wings.

Anyway, all of the surfing, reading, and movie-watching was done in an effort to finish and polish my new book. It picks-up where Like the Cats of Kilkenny left off, following the exploits of Willie Morgan along the Chisholm Trail.

In the process, I found this cool website all about the history of the American circus. (The prologue of the new book features a three-ring show.)

http://www.circushistory.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home