Monday, September 25, 2006

Did Uncle Buck go to VMI?!

I got an interesting email today from Greg Starbuck, executive director of Historic Sandusky. ("Sandusky" is the name of an old home near Lynchburg that is briefly mentioned in my recent book.)

He has come across a photo of one William H. Morgan, VMI cadet, and believes he may be the same fellow who inspired my book.

That would indeed be a find, if true.

I had always assumed that "Uncle Buck" attended Emory & Henry. That's where his elder brother James Lorenzo Morgan went to college. (Did I mention he was a classmate of Jeb Stuart?!)

Anyway, I have asked Greg to scan and email me a copy of the photo so I can see if there is some resemblance to known photos of Buck.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home