Thursday, September 28, 2006

Greater Orlando Civil War Roundtable

Just a reminder. I will be speaking to this group tonight, at 7:30, at the Marks Street Senior Center.

That's located at 99 East Marks Street, between Magnolia and Orange Avenues, in downtown Orlando.

I'm going to be talking to them about some of the underutilized/overlooked resources I used to research my recent book, including:

American Local History Network
Orange County Public Library
Alachua County Library District
Bookfinder
2 Check Out
UCF's Special Collections
Western Historic Manuscripts
Wilson Library at UNC
Florida state archives
Illinois state archives
National Park Service
Civil War Soldiers & Sailors System
National Archives

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting note here. This is Breckenridge S. Morgan, LCDR, USN. (well at least for another month until it's CDR Breckenridge S. Morgan)

I am a graduate of the Citadel and do not know of others in our family. Although I do not know of other Citadel or VMI graduates, there are several with military backgrounds (including my nephew who is also on Active Duty with the Navy).

Interesting enough, my brother and I were looking through the "Morgan, Moorman, Leftwich Family History" and found a "Uncle Buck" on page 39.

Please drop me a line . . .

middleearth2@charter.net

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home