Sunday, October 29, 2006

Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in the World

Yes, it's that time of year again.

Listen to the Dawgs howl . . . "yelp" would be a better word, I suppose.

21-14. Not bad.

Of course, it's "not bad" anytime the Gators win a game. But, the annual face-off with Georgia has so much history and tradition. It's gotten me thinking about past years.

Last year, for instance, I thought I was going to miss seeing the game on tv, because I was squiring out-of-town guests thru the streets of old St. Augustine. But, things worked out for this Gator fan and many others, and we won a surprise victory.

Then there was the year that I went up to Tallahassee to welcome my cousin Harrison into the world. His daddy just couldn't understand why I would rather stay home with the baby when he had a ticket to the FSU-UNC game at Joke Shambles stadium. Little did he know that I was getting a jump start on indoctrinating his impressionable youngest son by watching the Cocktail Party via satelite tv.

And, of course, there was the year my sister asked the boy across the way to drive her to Jacksonville for the game, because she didn't want to be trapped in a car with her Dawg roommate.

Yes, it's a history-laden event . . . made all the sweeter by this most recent victory.

Orange and Blue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home