Friday, December 22, 2006

The Day After

If you've had a chance to get a copy of my recent book, you've probably admired the old portraits by George Caleb Bingham it contains.

(If you haven't gotten a copy yet, shame on you and go to: http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail~bookid~36295.aspx)

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I was flipping thru channels this evening and ran across "The Day After," that old movie from the 1980's about a post-nuclear-war America.

Near the beginning of the movie, the Jason Robards character is talking to his daughter in a Kansas City art museum.

Well, if you pay attention to the background instead of the character's "riveting dialogue," you will spot what I am absolutely sure are some Bingham portraits. In fact, I think a few of them might even have been some of my ancestors.

I know the original portraits featured in my book are supposed to be hanging somewhere in Kansas City.

I guess I'll have to check amazon.com to see if I can get a DVD or old VHS tape of this movie to see if I can freeze a couple of frames to double-check . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home