Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Santa and the Niblings


"So, what's a nibling?" I'm sure you're asking yourself.

Well, I got to thinking . . . we have a collective word for moms and dads: "parents."

We have a collective word for sons and daughters: "children."

We have a collective word for brothers and sisters: "siblings."

But, in the English language, we don't have a collective word for nieces and nephews.

At least, not yet.

So, I'm starting a movement on behalf of aunts and uncles everywhere. I mean, we don't even have a collective word for ourselves!

But, when it comes to our nieces and nephews, I think something should be done.

That's why I've come up with the word "nibling." It's sorta like "sibling" because, after all, our nieces and nephews are the children of our siblings, right?

Anyway, hope you at least enjoy this Christmas picture of my niblings, even if you don't start using the new word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home