Thursday, December 07, 2006

Reminder: Book appearance tonight

I will be speaking before the North Lake County Civil War Roundtable about my recent book at 7:30 tonight, in the Tavares Civic Center (100 East Caroline Street).

The civic center is part of the Ridge Park complex that includes the public library and historical museum. It's just one block off of Alfred Street (Highway 441).

To find out more, you can check out this website: nlcfcwrtonline.tripod.com

Or, you can call the organizers: Mike (352-357-8476) or Bob (352-343-4403)

Oh, yeah, and I can't close this post without acknowledging the fact that on this date back in 1919, my Grandma G was born. Of course, back then she was just called "Baby Ruth," like the candy bar. And, she wasn't a G, yet. But, now I'm getting WAY off track!!

1 Comments:

Blogger wsmv said...

What a disaster this turned out to be.

First off, as I was trying to hit the road, I found Duran on my front porch trying to "surprise" me with a new storm door at my house as an early Christmas gift.

Well, that was definitely a surprise, and a welcome one. But, it also made me later than anticipated hitting the road.

Still, I had an hour, so should've been fine.

Unfortunately, the map I generated to guide my way, wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, so I got hopelessly lost.

Then, to top it all off, nobody answered my calls at the two numbers this group gave me as contact points.

Well, that's not entirely accurate. I did get the teenage son of one of the guys on the phone. And, you know how that went without me going into detail here.

So, I wound up driving all over Lake County before stumbling across the town of Tavares. But, even then, I never spotted any of the streets mentioned in the misdirections.

What a fiasco.

And, now I'm irritated because nobody's bothered to return any of the frantic messages I left last night.

Bah humbug!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home