Friday, March 09, 2007

Double whammy

Today was the big day. Mom's surgery PLUS Dad's arrival.

First, Mom's surgery. Everything went well. She's already back home, and ate a piece of toast before going to bed. The doctors expect she'll be close to 100% by the end of the weekend.

Now, Dad's arrival. What a circus that turned out to be! But, the way things have been the last five years, it was almost appropriate.

I was told they would have him at the house at 4pm. So, imagine my surprise when the ambulance driver called from the driveway at 3pm!!

Needless to say, I dropped everything and rushed over there to let them in. They were really good guys, and reported no problems during the entire trip.

The frustrating thing was there was nobody from hospice to help me get him settled. In fact, I was completely alone with Dad until about 5:30 when Mom's friend Ellen brought her back from the hospital. The nurses didn't appear until about 6:45!!

Yeah, that's right, nurses. Plural. Sally and Dennis. And, they were great. With them in the house, I finally felt comfortable enough to run up to Walgreen's and fill prescriptions.

Exhausted, I finally got home a little while ago, and am going straight to bed after posting this. Something tells me there will be many more days like this over the next few weeks . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home