Sunday, April 15, 2007

Berkeley Museum, etc.

Spent the morning at The Berkeley Museum in Monckton, South Carolina. As the sign notes, it is the home of The Little David.

When I got inside, I also found it was the home of the taxidermic remains of the largest catfish ever caught. 110 pounds!!

The reason I added this place to my itinerary was I hoped it might contain some information--and possibly some relics--from the plantations our ancestors owned in the area. I was not disappointed in that regard, and walked away with a pretty outstanding book as a souvenir.

Afterwards, met up with Sister and the Niblings (sounds like a bad 80's techno group, doesn't it?!) for some Low Country grub at Seewee.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home