Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wakey, wakey!

I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning.

I rolled over to see my clock at 5:57 and groaned. Just three more minutes until the alarm would blare.

And, just at that moment of realization, a bolt of lightning struck the transformer down the road, making the pre-dawn hours as bright as high noon (if only for a moment).

Needless to say, this caused me to bolt out of bed quicker than any stupid alarm clock.

Perhaps, that's just what I needed.

What I did NOT need was the lack of electricity as I tried to get ready for work. I mean you try to take a shower that goes from lukewarm to freezing. Then try to shave your face by candle light and try not to slice off your lower lip. And, as if I don't already have problems in this department, try finding some clothes that actually match and get into them!

We won't even talk about the drive to the office with all the traffic lights not working.

This day has GOT to get better, right?!?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home