Sunday, May 04, 2008

Chicken Soup for the soul?

This past Christmas, my friend Duran's Uncle Robert gave me a mason jar full of stewed tomatoes.

They've been sitting in my kitchen cabinet ever since, because I wasn't sure what exactly to do with them.

Well, today I figured it out.

I didn't want to make a trip up to the grocery store, but I guy has to eat, right?

All I had in the freezer was a bunch of chicken.

Then that little bell went off in my head, you know the one from your favorite childhood cartoon series that sometimes resulted in a little light-bulb appearing over the character's head.

Anyway, I thought stewed tomatoes + chicken + a little bit of salt + a little bit of pepper = pretty good soup!

And, is there any better way of throwing anything together than ye trusty crock pot?!

So, ye socks, we're eating well here at the Lake Hammer Chalet tonight!!

A wee bit jealous are ya?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home