Monday, July 07, 2008

Going to the dogs?

Despite my recent post about the bad dog owner who let her pets drink from and urinate on a public water fountain, ye socks know I am an animal lover at heart.

Well, while I was unpacking at the new abode, I discovered a beautiful dog nosing around my back yard. (I don't have a fence, so I guess that pretty much gave her the license to roam.)

Anyway, when I went to investigate, I discovered the pooch in question belongs to my new neighbors Greg and Gail. And, she had a "big brother."

Gail gave me a mini-lesson on the breed, English Springer Spaniel. And, believe it or not, I am now contemplating a puppy. It may be a year or so before I act on it, but the seed has been planted.

If you want to plant a seed of your own, check out this breeder web site:

http://www.churchillenglishspringers.com

Click on the "Puppies" tab, and you can find out all about a litter of eleven--yes ELEVEN--pups who were born in May. (8 females, and 3 males) They even have a live puppy cam. So, even if you cannot adopt one yourself, you can at least have a desktop menagerie for entertainment.

Cheers!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home